Hornby / Sockburn, via Main South Road (NZTA)
The types of Bus Priority measures on Main South Road are:
- Part-time bus lanes, including signs and road markings. The separate lanes for buses are located by the kerbside (Main South Road is still two lanes in each direction for general traffic from the round-about to Chalmers Street; the new lanes are on the shoulder of the road between Chalmers Street and Halswell Junction Road)
- Improved cycle and pedestrian facilities
- Improved intersection layouts to enable buses to be first at traffic signals
- Special traffic signals to give buses a head start
- Changes to parking arrangements
The Main South Road bus lanes operate from 7-9am in the morning east-bound and 3-6pm in the afternoon west-bound.
The specific location of these measures are shown on the plan.
MainSouth Road locations [PDF 155KB]